2012 PBA 2nd Conference (PBA Commissioner’s Cup) starts on February 10, 2012 at the Smart Araneta Coliseum
CONDUCT AND RESOLUTION OF TIES
A. ELIMINATION ROUND
The TEN (10) participating teams will play in a single round elimination. Each team will therefore play nine (9) games.
The top two (2) teams at the end of the elimination round will advance to the Semifinals outright. The 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th placed teams will advance to the Quarterfinals. The 7th to 10th placed teams shall be eliminated.
B. QUARTERFINALS – FOUR (4) TEAMS: Best-of-Three
The quarterfinal pairings are as follows:
QF1: Team 3 vs. Team 6
QF2: Team 4 vs. Team 5
Winners will advance to the semifinals.
C. SEMIFINALS – FOUR (4) TEAMS: Best-of-Five
Making up the semifinals cast are the top two (2) teams at the end of the elimination round and the two (2) winners in the quarterfinals. The semifinal pairings are as follows:
SF1: Team 1 vs.QF2 Winner
SF2: Team 2 vs.QF1 Winner
Winners will advance to the Finals.
D. FINALS – Best-of-Seven
The winners of the two (2) Best-of-Five Semifinal Series will play a Best-of-Seven Series to determine the champion and first runner-up teams.
II. RESOLUTION OF TIES
A. ELIMINATIONS – only the 2nd and 6th positions will be broken via play-off and there will only be a single playoff for one position. All other rankings will be resolved via the PBA quotient.
USING PBA QUOTIENT - ONLY THE SCORES OF THE GAMES OF THE TEAMS INVOLVED IN TIE(S) SHALL BE CONSIDERED — DIVIDE THE TOTAL POINTS SCORED IN FAVOR BY THE TOTAL POINTS SCORED AGAINST.
If teams are still tied after using the PBA quotient, they shall go through the following order of tie breakers until the tie(s) is(are) broken, which are as follows:
i. Win-Loss record between the tied teams.
ii. Via the quotient of all their games played in the Eliminations.
iii. If still tied, toss of coin will determine placings.
1. In the event of a two (2) way tie for 2nd position, the two teams playoff: The winner takes 2nd position and advances to the Semifinals.
2. In the event of a three (3) way tie for 1st , 2nd and 3rd positions, the team with the superior quotient automatically takes 1st spot. The two (2) teams with the inferior quotients playoff for the 2nd position. The winner takes 2nd position and advances to the Semifinals. The loser shall take 3rd position and qualifies to the Quarterfinals.
3. In the event of a two (2) way tie for 6th position, the two teams playoff: The winner takes 6th position and qualifies to the Quarterfinals.
4. In the event of a three (3) way tie for 5th, 6th and 7th positions, the team with the superior quotient automatically takes 5th spot. The two (2) teams with the inferior quotients playoff for the 6th position. The winner takes 6th position and qualifies to the Quarterfinals. The loser shall be eliminated.
5. Any other tie(s) that is(are) not specifically mentioned above shall be similarly resolved via the PBA QUOTIENT and/or PLAYOFFS as the Commissioner may determine.